DEPARTMENT OF WATER AND ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATION —COST
890. Hon JACQUI BOYDELL to the minister representing the
Minister for Water:
I refer to workshops scheduled for
Perth, Bunbury, Geraldton and Broome.
(1) How many people attended the
Perth and Bunbury sessions?
(2) How many people registered for
the Geraldton session before it was cancelled?
(3) What was the target audience?
(4) Why were those four locations
(5) When and why was the decision
made to add Manjimup?
(6) Why has the
government not scheduled workshops in the horticultural hotspots of Carnarvon
ALANNAH MacTIERNAN replied:
I thank the member for the question.
The following information has been provided by the Minister for Water.
(1) There were 41
attendees recorded at the Bunbury session and 61 attendees recorded at the
(2) There were five registrations
for the Geraldton session.
(3) There was no set target audience
for any session.
(4) The four
locations were selected as the major regional centres, capturing both water and
clearing native vegetation instrument holders.
(5) The decision
to add Manjimup was made on 10 September 2018 following a number of stakeholder
and sector body requests to the Department of Water and Environmental
(6) It is
anticipated that the Broome workshop will attract attendees from the Kimberley
region. A workshop has been scheduled for Carnarvon on 23 October 2018.