|Question On Notice No. 2751 asked in the Legislative Council on 11 February 2020 by Hon Alison Xamon |
Question Directed to the: Minister for Education and Training
Minister responding: Hon S.M. Ellery
Parliament: 40 Session: 1
(1) On how many occasions did schools report using
protective isolation in 2019?
(2) How many students were subject to protective isolation in 2019?
(3) For the students from (2):
(a) what was the average number of times an
individual student was subject to protective isolation in 2019; and
(b) what was the maximum number of times an
individual student was subject to protective isolation in 2019?
(4) Which schools reported using protective
isolation in 2019?
(5) How many times did each school from (4) use
protective isolation in 2020?
Answered on 17 March 2020
Protective isolation will be employed only where a student’s emotional and behavioural state presents an imminent risk of harm to self or others.
1) 30 occasions.
3) (a) On average, protective isolation was utilised 3.3 times.
4) Newton Moore Education Support Centre
Wilson Park Primary School
Dianella Secondary College
Holland Street School
Roseworth Education Support Centre
Banksia Grove Primary School
5) As of 17 February 2020, one school has reported the use of protective isolation four times.