CITY OF MELVILLE — INQUIRY
629. Hon SIMON O'BRIEN to the Leader of the House
representing Minister for Local Government:
Further to my question in June, I again refer to the
Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries' inquiry
into the City of Melville.
(1) Has the report of the inquiry been completed; and, if so,
(2) Has the minister received the report; and, if so, when?
(3) When will the report of the inquiry be made public?
(4) Why is this stress-inducing episode taking so long to be
brought to conclusion?
Hon SUE ELLERY replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the
(3) I anticipate that the report will be tabled upon its
department is committed to completing the inquiry thoroughly in accordance with
all legislative requirements.