Skip to main content
Toggle Button For website navigation bar
The Legislative Assembly meets on 08/10/2020 (01:00 PM)
Sitting Today (01:00 PM)
The Legislative Council meets on 08/10/2020 (01:15 PM)
Sitting Today (01:15 PM)
Legislation Committee meet on 30/09/2020 (10:15 AM)
Sitting Today (10:15 AM)
Search this website
Bills (proposed laws)
WA Acts and Regulations (current Laws)
Parliamentary Questions and Answers
Order of Business
Watch and listen
Scrutiny of finances
Find your MP
Members of the Legislative Council (Upper House)
President and Office Holders
Upper House Seating Plan
Members of the Legislative Assembly (Lower House)
Speaker and Office Holders
Lower House Seating Plan
What Members do
Ministers and Shadow Ministers
Find a Former MP
Legislative Council (Upper House)
Legislative Assembly (Lower House)
Find Your MP
Find out what was said in Parliament
Watch and listen
What Parliament does
Make a submission
Contact a member
Vote in an election
Parliamentary Friendship Groups
Former Members Association
Visit and Learn
Plan your visit
Educators and students
Learn how Parliament works
History, house and grounds
Events and exhibitions
Art in Parliament
asked in the
27 June 2018
Hon Jacqui Boydell
Hon S.N. Dawson
DEPARTMENT OF WATER AND ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATION —VOLUNTARY TARGETED SEPARATION SCHEME
Hon JACQUI BOYDELL
to the Minister for Environment:
(1) How many staff have been cut to date from roles related to processing environmental clearances and approvals, as a result of the voluntary targeted separation scheme?
(2) What was the division's total savings related to these staffing cuts?
(3) How many new staff will be employed as a result of the $19.4 million funding boost for additional staff and the development of an ''Environmental Online'' system?
(4) Has the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation been offered loan staff from other departments to speed up the assessment and determination process in the interim?
(5) If yes to (4), from where are those staff, and how many?
Hon STEPHEN DAWSON
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question.
(1) One staff member was offered a voluntary severance. The position was not a frontline assessing officer.
(2) The total savings were $159 000.
(3) There will be 20 full-time equivalents in 2018–19 and an additional one FTE in 2019–20.
(5) Not applicable.
Using this website
Acknowledgement of Country
The Parliament of Western Australia is honoured to be situated on the ancestral lands of the Whadjuk Noongar people. The Parliament acknowledges the First Australians as the traditional owners of the lands we represent and pays respects to their Elders both past and present.