Skip to main content
Toggle Button For website navigation bar
The Legislative Assembly meets on 08/10/2020 (01:00 PM)
Sitting Today (01:00 PM)
The Legislative Council meets on 08/10/2020 (01:15 PM)
Sitting Today (01:15 PM)
Legislation Committee meet on 30/09/2020 (10:15 AM)
Sitting Today (10:15 AM)
Search this website
Bills (proposed laws)
WA Acts and Regulations (current Laws)
Parliamentary Questions and Answers
Order of Business
Watch and listen
Scrutiny of finances
Find your MP
Members of the Legislative Council (Upper House)
President and Office Holders
Upper House Seating Plan
Members of the Legislative Assembly (Lower House)
Speaker and Office Holders
Lower House Seating Plan
What Members do
Ministers and Shadow Ministers
Find a Former MP
Legislative Council (Upper House)
Legislative Assembly (Lower House)
Find Your MP
Find out what was said in Parliament
Watch and listen
What Parliament does
Make a submission
Contact a member
Vote in an election
Parliamentary Friendship Groups
Former Members Association
Visit and Learn
Plan your visit
Educators and students
Learn how Parliament works
History, house and grounds
Events and exhibitions
Art in Parliament
asked in the
29 November 2017
Hon Jacqui Boydell
Hon S.N. Dawson
29 November 2017
DEPARTMENT OF WATER AND ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATION —ENVIRONMENTAL APPROVALS
Hon JACQUI BOYDELL
to the Minister for Environment:
I refer to the minister's answer to question without notice 431 in which he states that the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation will consult widely with stakeholders and customers in September 2017 on its proposed approach to delivering regulatory best practice.
(1) Has this consultation started?
(2) Will the minister please provide a list of dates and locations of stakeholder meetings?
(3) What is the proposed approach to delivering regulatory best practice?
(4) How many times has the internal working group on the northern irrigation agriculture developments met?
(5) What was discussed at each of those meetings?
Hon STEPHEN DAWSON
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question.
(2) Nine meetings have been held. I seek leave to have the list of dates incorporated in
The following material was incorporated —
29 September 2017 in Perth;
7 November 2017 in Perth;
14 November 20l7 in Perth;
14 November 2017 in South Perth;
15 November 2017 in Perth;
20 November 2017 in Perth;
22 November 2017 in Ascot;
23 November 2017 in Perth; and
27 November 2017 in Perth.
(3) The Department of Water and Environmental Regulation is proposing to deliver a whole-of-agency risk-based approach to regulation, which will be underpinned by regulatory best practice principles. These principles will ensure a transparent risk and evidence-based approach to regulation that delivers consistency and certainty for industry and the community. The principles will apply to all regulatory activities of the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation.
(4) It has met 12 times.
The Department of Water and Environmental Regulation's northern agricultural development applications group role is to ensure that all of the department's regulatory environmental assessment and subsequent decision-making processes for northern agricultural development are carried out in an integrated and consistent way. Current and future applications or referrals relating to northern agricultural development are discussed at each meeting, including the current status or stage of individual applications and referrals.
Using this website
Acknowledgement of Country
The Parliament of Western Australia is honoured to be situated on the ancestral lands of the Whadjuk Noongar people. The Parliament acknowledges the First Australians as the traditional owners of the lands we represent and pays respects to their Elders both past and present.