Skip to main content

Parliamentary Questions

Question On Notice No. 1894 asked in the Legislative Council on 21 February 2019 by Hon Nick Goiran

Question Directed to the: Leader of the House representing the Minister for Child Protection; Women's Interests; Prevention of Family and Domestic Violence; Community Services
Minister responding: Hon S.F. McGurk
Parliament: 40 Session: 1

(1) For children in out-of-home care, what obligation does the Department have towards funding education provided by Non-Government schools?
(2) Are there outstanding Non-Government school fees for children in out-of-home care?
(3) If yes to (2), what is the total amount outstanding?

Answered on 4 April 2019

(1) The Department of Communities (Communities) is responsible for all non-voluntary education related costs for children in out-of-home care, including fees for education provided by Non-Government schools.

(2) Communities is unaware of any outstanding school fees for children in out-of-home care.

(3) Not applicable.