Skip to main content
Toggle Button For website navigation bar
The Legislative Assembly meets on 08/10/2020 (01:00 PM)
Sitting Today (01:00 PM)
The Legislative Council meets on 13/10/2020 (02:00 PM)
Sitting Today (02:00 PM)
Legislation Committee meet tomorrow (10:15 AM)
Sitting Today (10:15 AM)
Search this website
Bills (proposed laws)
WA Acts and Regulations (current Laws)
Parliamentary Questions and Answers
Order of Business
Watch and listen
Scrutiny of finances
Find your MP
Members of the Legislative Council (Upper House)
President and Office Holders
Upper House Seating Plan
Members of the Legislative Assembly (Lower House)
Speaker and Office Holders
Lower House Seating Plan
What Members do
Ministers and Shadow Ministers
Find a Former MP
Legislative Council (Upper House)
Legislative Assembly (Lower House)
Find Your MP
Find out what was said in Parliament
Watch and listen
What Parliament does
Make a submission
Contact a member
Vote in an election
Parliamentary Friendship Groups
Former Members Association
Visit and Learn
Plan your visit
Educators and students
Learn how Parliament works
History, house and grounds
Events and exhibitions
Art in Parliament
asked in the
15 June 2017
Hon Simon O’Brien
Hon F.M. Logan
CORRECTIVE SERVICES — PAROLEES — RECIDIVISM RATE
Hon SIMON O'BRIEN
to the minister representing the Minister for Corrective Services:
I refer to my question asked on 14 June, noting a rate of 4.9 per cent, or 53 out of 1 086, of parole cancellations for reoffending in 2015–16.
(1) What was the rate for each year from 2007–08 to 2014–15?
(2) Is the current rate considered to be a good or poor result?
(3) What is the target rate, or KPI if there is one, for recidivism by former prisoners released on parole in Western Australia?
Hon STEPHEN DAWSON
I thank the member for some notice of the question.
(1) The rates of parole cancellations for reoffending are shown in the table below.
I seek leave to have the response incorporated into
The following material was incorporated —
Offenders With Completed Parole Orders
Parole Cancelled for Re‑offending
Rate of Parole Cancellations for Re‑offending
(2) In the absence of national benchmarks, the department is only able to compare the results from one year to the next.
(3) The department does not have a KPI or target rate for recidivism of former prisoners released on parole in Western Australia.
Using this website
Acknowledgement of Country
The Parliament of Western Australia is honoured to be situated on the ancestral lands of the Whadjuk Noongar people. The Parliament acknowledges the First Australians as the traditional owners of the lands we represent and pays respects to their Elders both past and present.