LOCAL PROJECTS, LOCAL
JOBS — MINING AND PASTORAL REGION
272. Hon JACQUI BOYDELL to the Minister for Regional Development:
I refer to the Local Projects, Local
(1) How many projects have been
delivered in the Mining and Pastoral Region?
(2) Will the minister list all those
projects and their value?
(3) How many of these projects were
not election commitments?
(4) Will the minister list all the
projects that were not election commitments, and their value?
(5) How many
projects have changed in any form from their initial election commitment
announcement to the final delivery?
(6) Will the
minister list all projects referred to in part (5), the scope and cost of their
initial iteration, and the scope and cost of their final delivered iteration?
ALANNAH MacTIERNAN replied:
I thank the member for the question.
(1) Sixty projects are to be
(2) I table the attached document.
[See paper 1284.]
(3) All projects are election
(4) Not applicable.
(5) As the member
would expect, the risk assessment, due diligence and funding agreement
processes undertaken by the regional development commissions for each grant
have resulted in some refinement of project scope and costs. However, I am
advised that all projects are being delivered in line with the general intent
of the election commitment.
(6) Not applicable.