|Question On Notice No. 741 asked in the Legislative Council on 13 March 2018 by Hon Robin Scott |
Question Directed to the: Minister for Environment representing the Minister for Energy
Minister responding: Hon B.S. Wyatt
Parliament: 40 Session: 1
(1) What will be the total
capital cost and the date of commencement of operations of
the Emu Downs Solar Farm intended
for construction at the site of the Emu Downs Wind Farm now operated by the APA Group (formerly the Australian
(2) What contribution, if any, will be made by the State Government to
the capital cost of the Emu Downs Solar Farm and at what date, or dates?
(3) What percentage of the capital cost of the Emu Downs Solar Farm will represent wages paid
to Western Australians and what percentage of the capital cost will represent items manufactured in Western Australia?
(4) Does there exist or will there exist a power purchase agreement between APA Group and Synergy which will oblige Synergy to buy the whole electrical output of the Emu Downs Solar Farm and at what price per megawatt/hour?
(5) Can the Minister confirm that the Emu Downs solar farm is rated at
(6) Taking into account reports that the 10 megawatts Greenough River Solar Farm
produces around 28 gigawatt hours (GWh) per year, does the Minister expect that the Emu Downs Solar
Farm will produce around 56GWh per year?
the Minister advise the average annual maintenance cost and average annual
degradation of the solar panels and the anticipated life of the solar panels at Emu Downs Solar Farm?
(8) If no to (7), why not?
Answered on 10 April 2018
(1) The Emu Downs Solar Farm is owned and operated by the APA Group. Questions should be directed to the owner of the facility.
(3) Refer to (1).
(4) Terms of power purchase agreements are commercial in confidence.
(5) Yes, this information is publically available at https://www.apa.com.au .
(6) The Emu Downs Solar Farm is owned and operated by the APA Group and questions relating to the expected future output should be directed to the owner of the facility.
(8) The Emu Downs Solar Farm is owned and operated by the APA Group.