JUVENILE OFFENDING —
274. Hon CHARLES SMITH to the Leader of the House
representing the Minister for Community Services:
refer to the McGowan Labor government's pre-election commitment known
as Target 120 to get tough on youth crime.
(1) Can the minister advise on the
current status of this election commitment?
(2) Where is this scheme currently
being implemented and for how long has it been in force?
(3) What government and non-government agencies are
involved in implementing Target 120 in these locations?
(4) Is data being collected on the
(5) If data is collected, are any
results available on the scheme's effectiveness to date?
Hon SUE ELLERY replied:
I thank the
honourable member for some notice of the question.
120 will operate in up to 12 sites across the state. In October 2018, Armadale
and Bunbury commenced operation. From January 2019, community youth officers
began working with young people and their families in these two sites. Further
sites will be announced during 2019.
(3) I table the attached paper,
which outlines the agencies involved.
[See paper 2547.]
(5) Results are not yet available
as data is still being collated and evaluated.