RAILCAR ASSEMBLY FACILITY
65. Hon PETER COLLIER to the minister representing the
Minister for Transport:
refer to the contract awarded to Firm Construction Pty Ltd for the construction
of the railcar assembly and high-voltage testing area.
(1) What is the expected completion
date of the facility?
(2) Is the cost
to construct these facilities included in the value of the contract awarded to
Alstom, or is this in addition to that amount?
(3) Will the state government own
this facility or will ownership be transferred to another party?
(4) Will Alstom
pay rent to the state government; and, if so, what is the amount of rent on an
STEPHEN DAWSON replied:
I thank the Leader of the Opposition
for some notice of the question. The following answer has been provided by the
Minister for Transport.
(1) Construction is expected to begin in early 2020
and components of the facility will be completed at various times over
the coming years.
(2) The facility is included as part
of the overall WA railcar budget.
(3) The state government will own