|Question On Notice No. 335 asked in the Legislative Council on 5 September 2017 by Hon Robin Scott |
Question Directed to the: Minister for Regional Development
Minister responding: Hon A. MacTiernan
Parliament: 40 Session: 1
(1) Can the Minister confirm that the existing Laverton Hospital Building contains asbestos and is unsuitable for upgrading?
(2) Does the Minister agree that funding of at least $19.5 million is urgently required for a new Laverton Hospital?
(3) Will the Minister explain the relationship between the Department of Regional Development and the Department of Health in respect of the new Laverton Hospital?
(4) Can the Minister confirm that a budget allocation has been made for the Laverton Hospital and will the Minister advise the quantum of that budget allocation?
(5) Is the Minister able to outline a timetable for the design and construction of the new Laverton Hospital?
Answered on 1 November 2017
(1) This part of the quesiton should be directed to the Minister for Health.
(2) The Minister for Health has initiated a Sustainable Health review so that we better understand how we can deliver more effective health services throughout regional WA. The facilities of Laverton are being considered as part of that review.
(3) That review will inform the allocation of regional funds for health.
(4) There is no budget allocation for Laverton Hospital in this budget.
(5) The Minister for Health and I have undertaken to visit Laverton in the next few months.